frequent questions

Still unsure? Email us or complete the form below for any other questions you might have.
Contact Us

Is Educational Advantage School of Music accredited and what does that mean?

Yes. Educational Advantage earned its accreditation in 2015 from AdvancED, the largest and most respected accrediting entity in the nation. Being accredited by AdvancED means that any course taken from Educational Advantage must be recognized and accepted by any other accredited high school, college, and/or university.

How do I apply?

You can apply by clicking on Admissions in the top menu, and then filling out an enrollment form.  A parent or guardian will need to complete the consent and fee payment section.  There is a $30 enrollment application fee.

What happens after I submit my application?

Once you submit your application, you can purchase the course(s) you plan to take.  We encourage students to verify these classes with their high school counselor to ensure that they will transfer to the preferred graduation category.

How much do courses/classes cost?

There is a one-time $30 student enrollment fee. All of our courses are offered in semester blocks; each semester is $200.

When can I start?

We are an open enrollment high school, meaning you can enroll 365 days a year. 

How do I access my courses?

After purchasing your course, you will receive a Welcome email with your login credentials.  You can access the course login by clicking on Sign-In in the menu.

How do I view my grades?

When you log into your account, all active courses will be listed with a snapshot of your current grade and course progress.

How do I interact with my teachers?

Lead Teachers monitor student progress. These teachers will be available to you via email and will be providing feedback on all assignments. 

Do you take attendance?

Our courses are self-paced and we do not take daily attendance. If you become inactive in your course, your teacher and/or a member of our administrative team will contact you. 

Can I drop a class?

You can drop a class within 30 days of enrollment. Dropped classes are not refunded, but you are eligible for a 50% credit towards the purchase of a new class. Students who drop a class after 30 days are not eligible for any course credit.

How am I graded?

Your course will be made up of a variety of assignments and quizzes.  Each assignment category contributes to the overall percentage of your grade.  We follow a traditional grading scale: 94-100= A; 90-93=A-; 87-89=B+; 84-86= B; 80-83= B-; 77-79= C+; 74-76=C; 70-73= C-; 67-69= D+; 64-66= D; 60-63= D-


What grade to I need in order to pass a class?

You are required to earn at least a 60% in order to pass the class. (60% = D-)

How do I contact my teachers?

You can contact your teacher 24/7 via email. Your teacher will respond within 48 hours (or less) during business days. 

What if I have an IEP?

If you have an IEP or 504 that provides accommodations that you will need for a class taken through EA School of Music, we will need to receive a copy of that plan to ensure your needs are met.

If I also attend another school, will my credits transfer?

Yes. We are accredited through AdvancED. Our courses are accepted by all other public, private, and charter schools. We advise all of our students to verify the courses they are taking with their school counselor.

How do I request a transcript?

You can request a transcript on our website. There is a $3.00 fee for transcripts, either digital or print. Added fees apply if you need expedited shipping.

What technological resources do I need?

You will need a computer, internet access, a recording device for your recording assignments (video camera, phone, tablet, computer), a Spotify account (free) and Adobe Flash (free).

Can I take classes in the summer?

Yes. Because we are a continuous enrollment high school, students can enroll any day of the year.

How can I get involved with other students?

At this time, our main method of student collaboration is through social media.  Stay tuned for future events and clubs.

Can students from any state take classes?

Yes, students from any state can take our classes. As an accredited school, credits issued by our school are recognized by other high schools and generally accepted and applied to the student’s graduation requirements. Because every school has their own rules for accepting external credit, we encourage all students to approve the class(es) they plan to take before purchasing them. Our credits are recognized by all accredited colleges and universities; our CEEB code is 450014.

What time and/or day are classes offered?

Our classes are asynchronous, meaning there are no live, scheduled web-sessions that you must attend. Instead, students can access their curriculum 24/7. 

Do you have a school calendar?

Yes. Our school calendar can be found in the For Students menu and includes all the days that we are closed for that calendar year. During these times, students will have access to their course materials and can still email their teachers, however their response will likely be delayed until we reopen.

How much does it cost to take a course?

Each course (1 semester; ½ credit) is $200.